Job brief – Chief Operating Officer
Shoebacca is searching for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. This role will be directly responsible for the efficiency of business. At Shoebacca, the following departments report directly to the COO:
· Director of IT
· Director of Marketing
· Director of Warehouse Operations
· Customer Success Manager
· Buying and Merchandise Manager
· Merchandising Manager
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the President and Ownership group. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. This job requires excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic.
● Advise the Ownership group on key issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
● Participate in expansion activities.
● Provide guidance on resource allocation.
● Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
● Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
● Create efficiencies in the business that contribute to top line, bottom line, and provide sustainable growth.
● Manage and oversee financial operations, including producing and reporting results to ownership
● Collaborate with the controller to assure satisfactory management of the company’s financial reports and processes.
● Manage IT strategy implementation, including IT budgets and timelines.
● Provide executive support and direction to the customer service department to ensure a high level of customer service is provided.
● Supervise the direction of all warehousing operations to keep the company in leading position for accurate and timely shipping and delivery to customers.
● Manage the sales department to ensure the marketing plans are sound, and an effective execution strategy is in place.
● Lead the evaluation of reviews and customer feedback, including product returns, to identify specific ideas to improve the overall customer experience and reduce the return rate.
● Ensure that all direct report department heads are fully informed of operational objectives, and monitor their performance against department goals to ensure that acceptable progress is being made.
● Take a leading role in developing the company’s short and long-range plans, and assuring the effective execution.
● Establish and monitor reporting systems.
● Conduct regular meetings with direct report department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is good.
● Celebrate the successes.
Characteristics and Requirements
● Desire and willingness to identify and assess key future directions impacting the company, and recommend actions necessary for the company to seize a leading role in adjusting to such directions.
● Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
● Experience and understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
● Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
● Experience with successful financial management of a growing company.
● Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
● Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure (E-commerce experience is a plus).
● Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Effective time management skills.
● Strong negotiation skills.
● Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
● Results driven.
● Bachelor’s and master’s degree in business administration, finance, and management.
● Take charge attitude and approach