Summary/Objective: Provide engineering consulting services and lead design team members for a variety of clients in various sectors. Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction. Responsible for the total management of specific projects including personnel, quality, client expectations and profitability.
· Lead the mechanical design team for a variety of clients.
· Coach and develop less experienced staff.
· Planning, design, & production of mechanical building systems using AutoCAD MEP or REVIT.
· Develop and manage design and construction documents including flow diagrams, plans and sections, details, specifications, equipment schedules, and calculations.
· Size and specify mechanical equipment including air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, compressors, etc.
· Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare reports.
· Coordinate with other disciplines including site civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation, controls and architectural to create and update drawings and main documentation.
· Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
· Design of systems that meet green building standards.
· Proactively work on best practices, engineering guidelines and internal procedures.
· Maintain internal and external networks to be informed of new developments in the field.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
· Minimum of 10-15 years Mechanical Engineering Design (HVAC, plumbing and fire protection) experience with commercial and residential architectural projects.
· Licensed engineer in the State of Florida, but if not, must have a current NCEES record to be able to obtain a Florida license.
· Must be in good standing and without past disciplinary actions.
· Strong proficiency in AutoCAD MEP 2017.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe PDF
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High attention to detail
· Strong ability to prioritize while utilizing time management skills in meeting deadlines
· Loyal, High Degree of Integrity and Honest
· Strong Work Ethic with an Affinity for Rapid Learning
· Great Customer Service
· Culture Fit
· Passionate about Solving Design Challenges and Producing High Quality Designs
· Resilient, Positive Attitude and Collaborative
· Pro-Active, Productive and Ambitious
Supervisory Responsibilities: Junior Mechanical Engineers
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the time is spent on a computer or in an office environment. There may be a need to stoop or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 10 lbs). Travel is limited.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work a flexible schedule is required and may require overtime, as needed.