Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK-TV Green Bay seeks an enterprising and aggressive reporter to join our team of investigative and consumer reporters. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process
- Experience with computer-assisted reporting and data-driven reporting is required
- Familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of current events is essential
- Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must
- At least 2 years of investigative or hard news beat reporting experience is preferred
- A history of award-winning investigative journalism is preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles to big daily news stories
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Investigative Producer on 'web extra' content for each investigation
- Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
While applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have one, please submit a non-returnable DVD to:
WLUK - TV
Attn: News Director
787 Lombardi Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54304
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Green Bay.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process