Team Member Experience (TMX) / HR Manager - Sacramento, CA
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more seasoned positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip team members for success, whether in the office, in the field, or on the floor. Members of our team enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
Oversees all Team Member Experience (TMX) programs and processes in order to help the organization achieve its goals of maximizing team member engagement and lowering team member turnover. TMX programs include Recruiting & Hiring, On-Boarding & Orientation, Job Skills Training, Engagement & Retention, Performance Management, Employment Practices, Benefits / Salary Administration, and Payroll/Attendance. Also helps plan and facilitate leadership training for managers, supervisors and team leaders.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
Planning & Oversight
- Assesses effectiveness of HR practices and leads the development and implementation of improvements to move toward our vision of world class team member experience.
- Analyzes key performance indicators to look for trends and root causes of turnover; presents results and recommendations to GM and Production Manager.
- Helps leadership team develop its vision for World Class Team Member Experience; facilitates goal-setting and action planning to prioritize and align HR programs with vision.
Pay & Rewards:
- Partners with Corporate VP of HR, GM & PM to assess effectiveness of pay & incentive programs, and develop and implement new programs that drive retention & performance.
- Oversees Benefits/Salary administration and Payroll/Attendance.
Recruiting & Hiring:
- Provides oversight of recruiting, screening, interviewing, and on-boarding processes. Anticipate staffing needs by keeping close contact with Production Manager and Area Coordinators, and supervise HR/Payroll Coordinator to comply with all hiring regulations and policies.
- Ensures new hires are welcomed and integrated into their teams; manages orientation, referral program, and serves as liaison between team members and team leaders, facilitates resolution of any issues identified.
Job Skills Training:
- Partners with Training Manager, QA Manager and EH&S Manager to ensure team members have been properly trained on job skills, DAPIA, B.O.S.S., Safety protocols & standards, and LEAN organizational structure and housekeeping standards
- Trains and coaches Team Leaders, Area Coordinators, Production Manager, and other leaders on how to set clear expectations of team members, praise & recognition their teams, and confront non-performance.
- Facilitates leadership development workshops for Team Leaders.
- Helps assess leadership performance and advise GM on development plans.
- Leads training on interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance evaluations, harassment, etc.
- Consults Corporate Human Resources to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Investigates and advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Ensures there is a process in place to carry out performance evaluations according to program design.
- Provides assistance, training, & coaching to leaders on how to have two-way conversations, provide actionable feedback & build trust with team members.
- 4-year degree in Human Resources, Business / Management, or Organizational Development
- Minimum 3 years of progressive leadership experience in HR or Training / OD positions
- Knowledge and experience in HR, Organizational Planning, Recruitment, Organizational Development, Employee Relations, Safety, Employee Engagement, and Employee Development
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and coaching skills
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred
(Spanish-Speaking strongly preferred)
9998 OLD PLACERVILLE ROAD
SACRAMENTO, California, 95827
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Sacramento.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process