We use cookies to better understand how you use our site and to provide ads and other offers that may be most relevant to you. By closing this message box or continuing to use our site, you agree to our use of cookies. To find out more, please see our Privacy Policy.

Senior Psychiatrist Practitioner, Child Residential Practice

Apply button 5fe10ae9207edfa7038eb6a5b03303603ff6e003cddc11e21579c3c21bf1ad16

Basic Job Info

 
Location
US-NY-Hawthorne
 
Job Type
 
Begin Date
8/19/2019
 
End Date
9/18/2019
 
Base Pay
N/A
 
Employment Type
Full-Time
 
Manages Others
False
 
Relocation Covered
False

Job Description

SUMMARY



The Senior Psychiatric Practitioner provides clinical care in a child residential care program 70% of the time and is a clinical leader the remaining 30% of the time. The Senior Practitioner extends the reach of the Director of Psychiatric Practice by supporting after hours coverage, continuous quality improvement and standards adherence, recruitment and orientation of psychiatric practitioners and promoting a learning environment for all medical practitioners. Welcoming and inspiring care is provided in collaboration with clients using a recovery-based lens and is person-centered, trauma-informed, culturally competent, and outcomes driven.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include all of the responsibilities of a staff psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner AND the following:

  • Support recruitment and retention of psychiatric practitioners with interviews of candidates and clinical orientation of new hires, including support in the use of the electronic health record.
  • Lead practice improvement projects which focus on supporting psychiatric best practices
  • Provide practitioners with documentation reviews, focusing on strengths and areas for improvement (individually and collectively)
  • Provide complex case consultations to psychiatric practitioners and other clinicians
  • Participate in the agency Incident Review Committee
  • Provide temporary coverage when Psychiatric practitioners are on leave from programs
  • Organize & provide oversight for after-hours coverage for medical evaluations of ESIs in RTFs
  • Other areas as defined by the Chief Clinical and Medical Officer and/or Director of Psychiatric Practice

REQUIREMENTS: All of the qualifications for staff psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner AND the following evidence of excellent clinical, management and leadership skills:

  • Prior experience with quality improvement projects;
  • Prior experience with supervision of clinical staff;
  • Evidence of self-directed new competency development;
  • Excellent collaboration skills;
  • Evidence of a welcoming, inspiring style with clients and colleagues;
  • Board certification (for Psychiatrists) is preferred, not required;
  • Specialization in child/adolescent psychiatry necessary; added qualifications in addiction psychiatry beneficial

Job Requirements

 
Apply button 5fe10ae9207edfa7038eb6a5b03303603ff6e003cddc11e21579c3c21bf1ad16

Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Hawthorne. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process