With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International
, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY
by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD
As a part of Sales
, you'll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you'll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store. Primary Role:
The role of the Sales Representative (SR)
is designed to build a world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) business at the retail level. Through maximizing sales, effective planning and order-writing, as well as supporting and completing incidental activities such as merchandising, shelving and pricing, the Sales Representative acts a sales expert to retail stores. The SR maximizes selling opportunities at the retail level, consistent with company programs and strategies to positively influence the sale of Mondelēz International, primarily Nabisco products. The successful candidate will be able to sell business-building, in-store merchandising programs to key store personnel by using consumer and trade information that addresses the customer's needs.
The Sales Representative will have routed stores with an assigned store call schedule that will vary based upon Customer selling influence, as well as selling and merchandising responsibilities at their routed stores.
Additionally, the successful Sales Representative will be able to develop and maintain a complete knowledge of Mondelēz International, primarily Nabisco products, sales systems, and procedures, including:
- Sales objectives, campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and order guides, sales presentations, sources of product and distribution, maintaining schematics and uses, and proper merchandising.
- Selling all headquarter-authorized programs, as well as incremental selling opportunities, growing the business, while monitoring and managing territory Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as dictated by returns, unsalables, sales, merchandising hours, etc.
- Perform in-store planning by tailoring programs and fact-based sales presentations to the customer's needs, store demographics, and the current consumer base in order to drive Mondelēz International and customer growth.
- Develop strong business relationships with store management to provide service and value beyond the customer's expectations.
- Work with customer to ensure sufficient product is ordered to support consumer take away, including from incremental racks and displays, for DSD.
- Communicate plans and effectively manage merchandising resources to build sales volume at store level. Work in conjunction with the Merchandiser to ensure inventory is fully stocked, rotated and presentable at all times.
- Properly credit and dispose of all unsalable merchandise from all stores.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity and document all pricing activities. Be a collaborator between our Customer Business teams and customer's store management.
Mondelēz International is an employer of inclusion who partners with diversity groups which cater to people of all ethnicities, genders, ages and sexual orientations. Mondelēz International also works with military veterans to help hire our heroes who have served our nation, as well as partner with disability networks to include people of all abilities to help the company succeed for years to come. Benefits and Compensation:
This position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit package, in addition to paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) match and Employee Assistance Program benefits. Also offered is a company vehicle, which includes a gas card and vehicle maintenance program. Along with a competitive compensation package, the Sales Representative is also eligible to participate in an incentive program based on territory results.Key Competencies:
- Utilization of innovation and creativity in generating new and unique ideas and solutions that capitalize on opportunities to benefit customers and Mondelēz Global.
- Ability to form customer partnerships that exceed expectations and help customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies for their business success.
- Ability to use sales and order management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility with the ability to change schedule on a daily basis to meet the demands of the business.
- Demonstration of strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems with minimal guidance to minimize disruptions to the business.
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-pace work environment and meet the defined physical activities (frequent lifting, bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, etc.) while adhering to set safety expectations and processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and Cellular/Wireless devices.
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and have access to the internet with a personal email account.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree highly preferred.
Must be open to relocation, outside of region, and outside of state, as necessary.
- A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to work weekends and holidays.
- Previous grocery, retail, sales, and/or customer service experience a plus.
- Must be open to performing Merchandiser responsibilities, as needed.
- Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Pittsburg.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process