Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing- Columbia delivers a broad array of GLP and CGMP-compliant product development and analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, biotech, animal health, crop protection, consumer products, and chemical industries. As a member of our team, you'll work alongside respected experts dedicated to scientific excellence.
Eurofins BPT-Columbia is looking for a Staff Scientist
to join our fast growing Biotech team located in Columbia, Missouri, which provides a comprehensive range of biopharmaceutical services from analytical physical-chemical characterization to routine release and stability testing utilizing well-established techniques including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis (CE and iCE), light scattering, ELISA, cell bioassays and mass spectrometry. Ideal candidate would have at least 4 years of post-academic experience in protein chemistry/analytical chemistry with familiarity working under GLP and/or GMP regulations preferred. This is an opportunity to work in a state of the art laboratory and be a technical leader within the group engaging in complicated projects for Eurofins clients.
The Staff Scientist
position is an advanced level professional position involved in planning own work and supervising the day-to-day activities in a laboratory setting under prescribed processes (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.).
- Completes work for research and development under CGMP and/or GLP guidelines for studies, documentation, etc.
- Conducts and monitors studies to ensure data accuracy and report quality.
- Writes reports on studies.
- Provides complex analytical work on projects and studies using a range of analytical techniques and instruments.
- Works with independence on studies and assignments.
- Typically serves as technical leader within a group or team and may also serve as project leader/study director on assigned projects.
Preferred Protein chemistry experience:
- PhD in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field plus 2 years of experience with biochemistry methods used in protein and antibody molecules.
- Experience with biochemistry methods used in protein and antibody molecules
- Experience in participating in validation activities and understanding validation components.
- Familiarity with working under GLP and/or GMP regulations.
- Good documentation skills, experience with GxPs a bonus
- HPLC and/or UPLC
- Reverse Phase, Ion Exchange, and/or Size Exclusion types of chromatography
- Detectors: uv/vis, fluorescence, CAD, MALS, MS
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- Isoelectrofocusing (IEF) using iCE
- QA or quality data review experience with GMP or GLP
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Columbia.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process