General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
Located in Berkeley, CA, Annie's Inc. is a natural and organic food brand offering great-tasting products in large packaged food categories. Annie's products are made without artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives common in many conventional packaged foods. Additionally, Annie's sources ingredients so as to avoid synthetic growth hormones and genetically modified food ingredients. Today, Annie's offers over 300 products and is present in over 70,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1989, Annie's is committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. Annie's is a proud member of the natural and organic portfolio of General Mills. For more information, visit www.annies.com.
Our company mission is to cultivate a healthier, happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods, honest words and conduct that is considerate and forever kind to the planet. We are focused on building a successful and growing business in pursuit of our mission. We strive to be a responsible company that evaluates our success not only through financial measures, but also through our social and environmental impacts.
We’re looking to hire a talented, self-motivated individual for a summer internship that will support the Annie’s business team in creating long range growth planning across our categories in market. This position works collaboratively across finance, marketing and supply chain teams to analyze our portfolio of products with different margin structures, sales dollars and profit contributions. This work will inform cross-functional alignment on Annie’s business goals including sales growth and margin improvement for both long and short term success.
- Analyze and compare Annie’s product portfolio to determine long range growth targets depending on growth potential in market, margin structure, consumer and trade investment levels and innovation opportunities. Includes Fruit Snacks, Mac & Cheese, Cookies, Grahams, Cereal and Granola Bars.
- Understand investment levers including Trade, Consumer and others used to grow the business over time.
- Provide insights and recommendations by effectively synthesizing data from a variety of sources including internal profitability information, detailed trade/consumer data and external syndicated Nielsen reports.
- Understand our mission investments and create full Profit and Loss statement for mission, and tracking tool to identify spends.
- Present findings in written, verbal and electronic formats utilizing Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mission P&L
- Create tracking tool to regularly highlight our mission spending and impact to business.
- Product Portfolio Analysis
- Analyze category growth and margin over time for retail and club business.
- Map out the gross margin profile of retail and club business and address business drivers behind margin challenges including waste.
- Growth Driver Analysis
- Compare Marketing and Trade investment strategy to grow the business. Identify any potentially over or under resourced areas (Turns Based Model – where is trade or Media a better investment for which category).
- Develop Boston Consulting Group framework (Cash Cows, Question marks, Dogs, Stars) for total Annie’s Categories and where we should be investing.
- Understand how innovation has contributed to overall business growth, and how Long-Range Plan should support margin growth targets.
- Recommended Actions
- Provide recommendations and insights that ensure focus on growing Reported Net Sales and Operating Profit as well as expanding Operating Margin %.
- Create flexible model and framework for updating the analysis throughout the year utilizing Excel and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate has a keen interest in financial analysis and business management for a values driven organization. They possess the basic knowledge of finance principles through coursework or prior work experience.
Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Interest in Organic Food Industry/Sustainability
- Excellent attention to details with strong analytical ability
- Ability to multi-task with excellent follow-through and task completion
- Strong oral and written communications skills and sense of humor
- Strong team player, ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams
- Creative problem solver; able to work independently to produce quality results
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Berkeley.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process