JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
This is a GREAT opportunity to LEARN about the history of our city and
get to BRAG about it!!!
Become a CASTmember of the Nations Storyteller ®
Have fun and entertain guests as you bring to life the history of the Truman era administration at the Truman Little White House!
Expand your performance repertoire as a tour guide and historical interpreter at the Truman Little White House ®
Come join the ranks of the FUN-employed at Historic Tours of America ®
We are now holding interviews for our PAID training program that will thoroughly prepare you to be a professional tour guide!
Our ideal Tour Guides have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal.
Tour Guides narrate several tours during each shift.
Full-Time, Part-Time and Seasonal positions may be available.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- No prior knowledge is required, paid training is provided
- Ability to perform on-your-feet routine physical activity
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted materials and historical details
- Ability to be heard in a loud, audible voice without amplification by an audience up to 35 or 40 persons
- Ability to give a scripted tour in the time allowed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to work independently over long periods of time within the scope of established rules and regulations to satisfy the needs of our guests
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person and via the telephone while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers and the general public
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Prior performance or interpretation experience preferred
- An interest in history is a plus
- All FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company sponsored health and wellness plans
- All FT, PT and Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Paid sick time
- 401K plan with company matching * * Eligibility requirements must apply
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
This position is currently accepting applications.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Key West.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process