The Human Resources Recruiter is primarily responsible for supporting the development, implementation and execution of recruiting strategies that meet the company’s hiring objectives and result in quality hires that support the retention goals for TMG. The Human Resources Recruiter proactively identifies and recruits highly qualified candidates, manages the hiring processes (both internal and external sourcing tools), produces and maintains HR reports (internal and external), writes, organizes, and plans activities as needed, including career fairs and college recruiting trips. Additional responsibilities include assisting in benefits administration, new employee orientation, assisting with the development and delivery or required training and other HR administrative responsibilities. The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. Essential Functions of Human Resources Recruiter Position
Perform job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner, communicate with management, co-workers and candidates in an effective, courteous and professional manner, abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instruction as required and treat personal information, sensitive data and other financial information on a need-to-know basis and in a strictly confidential manner. The employee performing this position is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be frequently sitting and occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to travel to various company, college/university and clients sites depending on meeting requirements and business needs. Responsibilities
- Develop a strategy to proactively identify and recruit highly qualified project managers, construction engineers, superintendents, skilled tradespeople, equipment operators, laborers, etc.
- Manage and execute the hiring process, including interviewing, background screening, documentation, advancing offers, providing orientation, etc.
- Develop and manage an effective college relations program, identifying the most effective universities and college in construction management;
- Educate and assist hiring managers with effective interviewing and selection techniques;
- Assist in Managing and coordinating the benefits program to include new hire orientation, benefits enrollment and the overall communication process to TMG employee;
- Assist in the development and delivery of required training and education to TMG management and employees;
- Assist in the development of processes, procedures, and policies to promote the company’s business objectives and encourage our employee’s success.
- Create and maintain HR reports regarding recruitment efforts, employment costs, etc.
- B.S. degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or another related field preferred;
- Three to five years of recruiting experience:
- Experience with college recruiting preferred;
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus but not required;
- Strong background in recruiting using a wide range of recruiting tools and sources;
- Good overall knowledge of general HR principles and applicable state and federal laws;
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite and other computer software programs used in industry;
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.