Windows System Administrator
Basic Job Info
Here is a great opportunity to join a great company! Medline Industries has enjoyed DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH for 51 of the past 52 years! We've again been named to the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, and we're again on the list of Becker's Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
As we continue to grow, we have a Windows Systems Administrator role at our Northfield, IL headquarters where you will be primarily responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and securing all server-based systems. This includes staying on top of the latest technologies and understanding where they can fit into Medline's infrastructure.
Implementation of systems involves working with the application owner of a particular server or architecture to understand the requirements, design, procure, and install the system(s) to meet the business requirements. This includes updating supporting documentation and monitoring systems to meet Medline's standards.
The Windows Systems Administrator role will provide escalated maintenance and support of all systems. This will include performance monitoring, tuning, process automation, and security. The Systems Administrator will keep management, other team members, and customers aware of obstacles and status of changes in timely manner and uses proper judgment to determine when such communication is necessary. This person will also provide technical support to Operations and Business Application Teams while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times. They are also consistently able to interact professionally and work productively with all levels of Medline employees.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Duties:
• Build, configure, document, automate, and administrator Windows server-based operating systems on physical and virtual hardware deployed at various domestic and international locations
• Identify, monitor, and troubleshoot Windows and Linux system related issues including performance tuning and incident root cause analysis
• Participate in the management and maintenance of one or more Microsoft Azure tenants
• Automate preventive maintenance and operational tasks
• Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and related activities
• Administer Active Directory domains and related services
• Administer VMware vSphere environments including virtual machine management and troubleshooting, vCenter management tasks and ESXi administration
• Participate in an on-call rotation
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory and related services
• 3+ years of experience with administering VMware vSphere environments up to and including vCenter deployment and management, ESXi 6.0+, SRM, vRealize Operations
• Operational knowledge of shared storage systems that support virtualization deployments such as VMware vSphere
• Hands-on knowledge and understanding of hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
• Ability to resolve problems such as file system capacity, consistency and integrity of file systems, understand and take action on hardware related problems such as CPU, RAM, and disk failures.
• At least one year of administering a Microsoft Azure cloud tenant preferred but not required
• Certifications related to Windows and/or Linux operating systems or VMware vSphere preferred but not required
• Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting Windows Server and Linux operating system products in an enterprise environment a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft PKI/certificates a plus
• Experience with IIS and related services a plus
• Knowledge of HPE hardware a plus
• Demonstrate the ability to present areas of expertise to team members with guidance from lead/manager
• Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate the willingness and ability to improve performance and/or capabilities across all areas of responsibility utilizing formal and informal training to maintain skill sets
• Consistently demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• This position may require up to 10% travel, potentially to include international travel.
More About Medline:
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 550,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving $11 billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” and once again named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced fifty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Northfield.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process