Retail Merchandising Representative
Basic Job Info
At least 3 year(s)
2 Year Degree
Join our Corporate Development Team! Play a vital role in driving sales and awareness of Rust-Oleum's products at Menards for your assigned territory. Partner with store staff to ensure products and displays are merchandised and maintained to set standards. Also, key involvement in all new store set-ups and remodels.
The primary results expected will be to drive sales by managing in-store promotional materials and displays, conducting product trainings, and cultivating a strong working relationship with store personnel and management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve Sales Quota for assigned territory.
- Ensure planogram integrity, point of purchase materials, literature placement, down stocking, and fixture upkeep are performed at expected levels. Provide assistance and resolve issues pertaining to these items.
- Quickly establish a rapport with a wide variety of people, and communicate in a style that is likable, relatable, and persuasive.
- Effectively demonstrate or be able to facilitate consumer demos of featured products in a simple and engaging manner.
- Performs physical work necessary to tear down and/or assemble store displays as well as set new store setup.
- Attends grand openings and contractor events to help educate customers and employees on Rust-Oleum products.
- Act as brand ambassador for Rust-Oleum and be able to address all product and brand specific questions from consumers or store staff.
- Build successful relationships with department managers to help promote Rust-Oleum brands.
- Ensure the Menards Paint Department has proper product knowledge training of all Rust-Oleum brands.
- Work with Menards Paint Manager to schedule and implement outside training classes - sometimes held at stores after hours.
- Train Menards associates on all Rust-Oleum brands to ensure they are selling and promoting our brands instead of the other competitors.
- Provide the detailed benefits of the products in a clear and succinct manner.
- Provide consistent attention to Rust-Oleum brands across all our platforms.
- Provide information gathered at store level quickly to National Account Executive (NAE's) - competitive analysis, price audits, new store sets, reset results, etc.
- Assist with urgent and time sensitive issues and projects NAE's have with their buyers.
- Provide store assistance with handling any customer issues. This includes visiting locations with store management to help with resolution.
- Protect our business and communicate any changes made at store level to RO management.
Prior retail merchandising experience is preferred.
Professional and articulate
Function as an ambassador of Rust-Oleum brands and the Menards stores in which they are working.
Able to establish a quick rapport with a wide variety of people, and communicate in a style that is likable, relatable, and persuasive.
Enthusiastic and energetic to draw and hold the attention of consumers.
Ability to keep demonstrations consistent, but also fresh and engaging.
Able to work the schedule required, which can include time beyond a normal work schedule as required by the customer and/or reset schedule.
Travel to customer store locations as required, maintaining a consistent call cycle and record.
Travel, drive, and engage in considerable physical activity.
Able to stand on feet for long periods of time, lift and move products, and use products as appropriate for the demonstration
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Milwaukee.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process