Flex-N-Gate is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th
of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for both the tactical and strategic HR Generalist Leadership at plant level for both manufacturing Salary and Hourly Employees.
1. Apply the principals and practices of human resource management to contribute to the success of the business. Expertise to solve problems and execute objectives for self and others. Have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals and partner/participate in company-wide HR projects.
Provide advice, interpretation and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, practices and applicable employment laws.
2. Investigate and advise on internal and external employee relations and concerns on workplace policy violations.
3. Recommend/administer discipline when warranted. Assist plant management with disciplinary issues for both Salary/Hourly employees.
4. Partner with internal clients and lead on human resources processes including: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change and effectiveness, implantation of process improvement (Six Sigma, Lean/Global Production Systems (GPS) & Continuous Improvement.
5. Work with leaders and employees to establish a positive work environment driving employee engagement, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities. Act as an employee advocate, help drive various corporate and plant business initiatives including development and execution of a communication rhythm to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place.
6. Ensure compensation packages are competitive with the local area. Work to recommend and implement benefits/compensation programs which respond to the changing work force and provide competitive advantage.
7. Participate in unemployment, EEOC and/or OSHA investigations and hearings.
8. Manage leave administration (FMLA, workers compensation, short/long term disability including any challenges regarding any of the leave).
9. Responsible for recruitment activities for all salary and hourly positions - including job requisitions, job postings (internal and/or external) interviewing, coaching, selection of candidate, new hire onboarding and workforce training. Train management staff on behavioral interviewing.
10. Conduct training & organizational needs assessments to maintain, improve, and develop on-going organizational development programs. 11. Manage and lead a collaborative support team of 5 to ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work together to achieve it.
• At least 8 to 10 years’ experience administering human resources management in a manufacturing environment.
• Prior Human Resources Management Experience – (5 to 7 yrs.)
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
• Possess accurate and updated knowledge of Federal and State laws applicable to wages, hours, working conditions, safety, labor relations and etc. to ensure compliance with State and Federal legal requirements.
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Participation in local collective bargaining efforts.
• Experience developing and driving creative programs to attract and engage employees.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Grand Rapids.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process