College Profile: West Texas A & M University
West Texas A&M University, a member of The Texas A&M University System, is dedicated to providing a high quality baccalaureate and graduate education using traditional delivery and distance learning where appropriate. West Texas A&M University is committed to serving as the principal academic, cultural, technical, service and research center of the multi-state region surrounding Canyon and Amarillo through the collective and individual efforts of the faculty, staff and students. West Texas A&M University's mission is to educate students to be informed, responsible, creative and articulate decision makers who will exercise good citizenship, appreciate diversity and be professionally competitive.
West Texas A&M University's major areas of emphasis include but are not limited to teacher preparation, business, agriculture, fine arts, health care and sciences. All programs shall be built upon a solid foundation of required courses in communication, history and political science, and studies which develop strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as an understanding of cultural diversity and an appreciation for the fine arts and humanities.
West Texas A&M University lies in the northeast corner of the town of Canyon, Texas, approximately fifteen miles south of Amarillo. Here, you’ll discover small-town America complete with hospitable people, historic homes and a shop-lined town square.
Despite the vast, open plains that cover the region, trees and foliage are in abundance here at West Texas A&M. Many students and community members find the 176-acre campus the perfect place to take a stroll, have a leisurely picnic or walk the family dog. Our newly completed pedestrian mall with marble sculpture and fountain makes the view even more scenic.
806-651-2055 (financial aid)
||Public, 4-year or above|
||5,000 - 9,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
West Texas A & M University Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Nursing Administration (MSN, MS, PhD).
- Mathematics, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Graphic Design.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- Nursing, Other.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Music Theory and Composition.
- Chemistry, General.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
- History, General.
- Industrial Technology/Technician.
- Plant Protection and Integrated Pest Management.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Music, General.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Social Work.
- Equestrian/Equine Studies.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- Music Performance, General.
- Pre-Law Studies.
- Communication Disorders, General.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Finance, General.
- Environmental Science.
- Wildlife Biology.
- Animal Sciences, General.
- Educational/Instructional Media Design.
- Curriculum and Instruction.
- Athletic Training/Trainer.
- General Studies.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Dance, General.
- Social Sciences, General.
- Counseling Psychology.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Music Therapy/Therapist.
- Agricultural Business and Management, General.
- Education, General.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Agribusiness/Agricultural Business Operations.
- Psychology, General.
- Broadcast Journalism.
- Agriculture, General.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Business/Managerial Economics.
- Public Administration.
- Reading Teacher Education.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist.
- Agronomy and Crop Science.
- Family Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner.
- Physics, General.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Wildlife and Wildlands Science and Management.
- Economics, General.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services.
Question and Answer about "West Texas A & M University"
No questions found...