College Profile: University of Akron Main Campus
Here you will find excellence in the breadth and quality of our 300 academic degree programs, and in the highly talented faculty who will help mold you into a critical thinker. Here you will find a metropolitan setting that places you in the heart of a dynamic, regional economy, and in sync with the pulse of business, government and the community. Most important, here you will discover energy, in the high-tech classrooms of our new academic buildings, in our new Student Union and Student Recreation and Wellness Center, and among the 200 student organizations on campus.
Excellence, opportunity and energy. You will find all three at The University of Akron.
The University of Akron, a publicly assisted metropolitan institution, strives to develop enlightened members of society. It offers comprehensive programs of instruction from associate through doctoral levels, pursues a vigorous agenda of research in the arts, sciences and professions, and provides service to the community. The University pursues excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and distinction in selected areas of graduate
instruction, inquiry and creative activity.
We are in the heart of a dynamic regional economy that allows us to build partnerships with business and government, thus providing our graduates with vast career opportunities. As a result, many of our 107,000 alumni are in the highest echelons in business, education, law, arts, public service and health care.
Campus boundaries are one thing; the limits of our imagination are quite another. Take a walk through the neighborhoods bordering campus to the east and the south, and you'll notice a community moving forward: houses being refurbished into safe, healthy homes; a growing number of storefronts offering groceries and services to area residents, including students. And you'll notice there is more work to be done.
302 Buchtel Common
330-972-7032 (financial aid)
The University of Akron, a publicly assisted metropolitan
institution, strives to develop enlightened members of
society. It offers comprehensive programs of instruction from associate through doctoral levels, pursues a vigorous
agenda of research in the arts, sciences and professions,
and provides service to the community. The University
pursues excellence in undergraduate and graduate
education and distinction in selected areas of graduate
instruction, inquiry and creative activity.
||Public, 4-year or above|
||20,000 and above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
University of Akron Main Campus Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- City/Urban, Community and Regional Planning.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Broadcast Journalism.
- Public Relations/Image Management.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education.
- Data Entry/Microcomputer Applications, General.
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration.
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training.
- Administration of Special Education.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals in Early Childhood Special Education Programs.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Community Psychology.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Art Teacher Education.
- Health Teacher Education.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education.
- Technical Teacher Education.
- French Language Teacher Education.
- Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Subject Areas, Other.
- Engineering, General.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Computer Engineering, General.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Plastics Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician.
- Surveying Technology/Surveying.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Housing and Human Environments, General.
- Child Development.
- Law (LL.
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- English Composition.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Zoology/Animal Biology.
- Mathematics, General.
- Statistics, General.
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other.
- Chemistry, General.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Physics, General.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
- Criminal Justice/Police Science.
- Fire Protection, Other.
- Public Administration.
- Social Work, Other.
- Social Sciences, General.
- Economics, General.
- International Relations and Affairs.
- American Government and Politics (United States).
- Social Sciences, Other.
- Dance, General.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation.
- Ceramic Arts and Ceramics.
- Music, General.
- Music Performance, General.
- Piano and Organ.
- Jazz/Jazz Studies.
- Communication Disorders, General.
- Audiology/Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathology/Pathologist.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Surgical Technology/Technologist.
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs, Other.
- Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling.
- Nursing Administration (MSN, MS, PhD).
- Nursing, Other.
- Environmental Health.
- Dietetics/Dietitian (RD).
- Logistics and Materials Management.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Small Business Administration/Management.
- Financial Planning and Services.
- Finance and Financial Management Services, Other.
- Restaurant/Food Services Management.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Management Information Systems and Services, Other.
- Marketing, Other.
- Selling Skills and Sales Operations.
- Fashion Merchandising.
- African Studies.
- Mass Communication/Media Studies.
- Organizational Communication, General.
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Other.
- Educational/Instructional Media Design.
- Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst.
- Computer Science.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Higher Education/Higher Education Administration.
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Counseling Psychology.
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Home Economics Teacher Education.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Reading Teacher Education.
- Social Studies Teacher Education.
- Drama and Dance Teacher Education.
- Spanish Language Teacher Education.
- Education, Other.
- Biomedical/Medical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering, General.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Polymer/Plastics Engineering.
- Manufacturing Technology/Technician.
- Construction Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- French Language and Literature.
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General.
- Family Systems.
- Apparel and Textiles, General.
- Advanced Legal Research/Studies, General (LL.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Microbiology, General.
- Animal Physiology.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science.
- Polymer Chemistry.
- Geophysics and Seismology.
- Psychology, General.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology/Technician.
- Community Organization and Advocacy.
- Social Work.
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other.
- Economics, Other.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Political Science and Government, Other.
- Urban Studies/Affairs.
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Graphic Design.
- Theatre/Theatre Arts Management.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Fine Arts and Art Studies, Other.
- Music History, Literature, and Theory.
- Music Theory and Composition.
- Voice and Opera.
- Violin, Viola, Guitar and Other Stringed Instruments.
- Audiology/Audiologist and Hearing Sciences.
- Medical Office Management/Administration.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist.
- Athletic Training/Trainer.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Public Health, General (MPH, DPH).
- Therapeutic Recreation/Recreational Therapy.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Office Management and Supervision.
- E-Commerce/Electronic Commerce.
- Accounting and Related Services, Other.
- Business Operations Support and Secretarial Services, Other.
- Finance, General.
- International Finance.
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management.
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Real Estate.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
- General Merchandising, Sales, and Related Marketing Operations, Other.
- History, General.
Question and Answer about "University of Akron Main Campus"
No questions found...