College Profile: Allen County Community College
Since 1923, Allen Community College has provided exceptional educational services to the citizens of Kansas. Quality and access have been primary concerns of the College from its beginning.
ACCC’s quality comes in large part from its competent faculty who are dedicated to the art of teaching. Both those who are employed full-time at the College and those who teach on an adjunct basis are committed to their students and encourage excellence. Complementing the faculty are excellent student services and supportstaff who have committed themselves to the concepts of student success and service.
As an institution of higher education, the purpose of Allen County Community College is to provide quality educational and support services in an atmosphere that is caring, safe, and conducive to learning. Based on the belief that learning and self improvement are continuous processes, the college is committed to a wide range of affordable educational programs to enable all students to reach their academic, occupational, and personal potential.
Allen Community College is located at the north edge of Iola and has a modern campus which compliments the gently rolling hills of the Neosho River Valley. Iola, served by U.S. Highways 54 and 169, is within a two-hour drive of Kansas City, Wichita, and Topeka, as well as Joplin, Missouri, and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Allen County is a progressive area which blends a mixture of agriculture, industry, and business within its boundaries.
Iola (see map) has a population of 7,500 located in southeastern Kansas. It is easily accessible via US 54 and US 169 highways, and offers many services and activities found only in much larger communities. Excellent medical facilities, fine arts facilities, recreational areas, and churches contribute to the physical and spiritual welfare of the community.
1801 N Cottonwood
620365-511-6221 (financial aid)
||Allen Community College|
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||No
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Allen County Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- General Studies.
- Mathematics, General.
- Pre-Veterinary Studies.
- Engineering, General.
- Social Work.
- Music, General.
- Engineering Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Child Care and Support Services Management.
- Computer Science.
- Architecture (BArch, BA/BS, MArch, MA/MS, PhD).
- Physical Therapy/Therapist.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Health Aide.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Pre-Nursing Studies.
- Agriculture, General.
- English Composition.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Hospital and Health Care Facilities Administration/Management.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Athletic Training/Trainer.
- Management Information Systems and Services, Other.
- Pre-Pharmacy Studies.
- Chemistry, General.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
- Physics, General.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Farm/Farm and Ranch Management.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- History, General.
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs, Other.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Pre-Law Studies.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Health and Medical Administrative Services, Other.
- Building/Property Maintenance and Management.
- Library Science/Librarianship.
- Psychology, General.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Retailing and Retail Operations.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
Question and Answer about "Allen County Community College"
No questions found...