College Profile: Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne
In 1966, IPFW celebrated its first commencement by awarding degrees to 47 students. The graduates who participated in this trail-blazing event were, like any other IPFW graduates, proud to have fulfilled their goals, grateful to their mentors, and eager to begin the next stage of their lives. But they are unique in that the completion of their IPFW degrees was not only life-changing for them but also marked a milestone for the many who would follow in their footsteps.
In its relatively short history, IPFW has evolved into a comprehensive public university serving the region of northeast Indiana. To that end, according to Chancellor Michael A. Wartell, “IPFW will continue to build on its strengths, newly aware that while its primary mission will always focus on students and their education, we must become to our community and region what we already are to our students - an invaluable resource.”
The university states in its strategic plan that IPFW strives to be a nationally recognized regional university known for
* The excellence, value, and accessibility of its academic programs;
* An exceptional environment for teaching, learning, and student achievement;
* The scholarly and creative accomplishments of its faculty, students, and staff; and
* The university’s contributions to the quality of life of the region.
260-481-6820 (financial aid)
||IPFW, IUPUFW, Purdue University-Fort Wayne, Purdue-Fort Wayne, Purdue Fort Wayne|
||Public, 4-year or above|
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Chemical Technology/Technician.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Computer Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Music Therapy/Therapist.
- Economics, General.
- Civil Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Industrial Technology/Technician.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Services Technician.
- Commercial and Advertising Art.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Interior Architecture.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician.
- Quality Control Technology/Technician.
- Dental Laboratory Technology/Technician.
- Social Studies Teacher Education.
- Public Administration.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- General Studies.
- Chemistry, General.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- French Language and Literature.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Physics, General.
- Hospitality Administration/Management, Other.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management.
- History, General.
- Spanish Language Teacher Education.
- German Language and Literature.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Mechanical Engineering Related Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Music Performance, General.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Architectural Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD.
- Psychology, General.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Labor and Industrial Relations.
- Mathematics, General.
- Kindergarten/Preschool Education and Teaching.
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services.
- Audiology/Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathology/Pathologist.
- Music, General.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Dental Assisting/Assistant.
Question and Answer about "Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne"
No questions found...