College Profile: Hartnell College
Hartnell Community College is a 2-year community college in Salinas, California, USA. It was founded in 1920 as Salinas Junior College, and renamed in 1948 for William Edward Petty Hartnell. The mascot is a panther. Hartnell Community College offers majors in health and nursing, math and science, Animal Health Technology, agriculture, a variety of foreign languages, Early Childhood Education, astronomy, and hosts an award-winning athletics and physical education department. It also offers majors in Administration of Justice, Health Education, Music, History, Computer technology, Drafting, English, Engineering, Welding, Auto Collision repair, and Business Administration. Anthropology, Art, Sociology, Music, Theater Arts, and much more are also offered through Hartnell. The College maintains four campuses: South Salinas, Alisal (East Salinas), King City, and Natividad Medical Center. The main campus in South Salinas also includes a Disabled Students Services Center, Admissions & Records office, Financial Aid Office, Student Union, cafeteria, and a large newly-constructed parking structure. A new library and learning resource center allows students, faculty, staff, and the community at large to meet, study, and learn. During the Fall 2006 semester, Hartnell was the first California community college to have its faculty go out on strike in a quarter-of-a-century. Attracting broad community and student support, the strike lasted about a week. In 2007, Hartnell College got a new president. This came just as the public was informed of the fact that the school could lose its accreditation in a couple of years, if certain requirements are not satisfied by then.
831-755-6806 (financial aid)
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||No
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Hartnell College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Chemistry, General.
- Engineering, General.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Physics, General.
- Banking and Financial Support Services.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Psychology, Other.
- Electrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- System Administration/Administrator.
- Human Services, General.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Agriculture, General.
- Information Technology.
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician.
- Construction Trades, General.
- Veterinary/Animal Health Technology/Technician and Veterinary Assistant.
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Building/Construction Site Management/Manager.
- Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Physician Assistant.
- Agribusiness/Agricultural Business Operations.
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Mechanical Drafting and Mechanical Drafting CAD/CADD.
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork/Millwright.
- Real Estate.
- Music, General.
- Criminal Justice/Police Science.
- Hazardous Materials Management and Waste Technology/Technician.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design.
- Water Quality and Wastewater Treatment Management and Recycling Technology/Technician.
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Ethnic, Cultural Minority, and Gender Studies, Other.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Library Assistant/Technician.
- Engineering Technology, General.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Mathematics, General.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Teacher Assistant/Aide.
- Graphic Design.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Social Sciences, General.
- History, General.
- Child Development.
Question and Answer about "Hartnell College"
No questions found...